Social Media for Voter Engagement (90-minute course)
This course is a professional development program on social media and design best practices to help election officials better communicate with voters.
Increasingly, people are looking online for election information on mobile devices and social media platforms. With that in mind, this training will equip you with tools to better understand your audience, put information where they are looking for it, and engage them with well-designed graphics.
Our 90-minute course provides a basic overview of using social media to provide information to voters. You choose which social media platform -- Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram -- that you'd like us to focus on, and we'll provide an introduction to the platform, relevant terminology, and best practices for using it effectively.
Looking for a more in-depth, tailored curriculum on social media? Our 5-hour course might be just what you need.
After completing this course, you will:
- Understand what research tells us about how voters look for election information
- Know how to use Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram to effectively communicate election information year round
- Learn how to implement basic design principles using Canva to create shareable graphics for your election office
Part 1: Why social media matters
- Know how and where voters access information
- Identify how people use mobile devices and social media
Part 2: Introduction to Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram
- Overview of mechanics
- Breakout: defining your brand
- Best practices for creating compelling content
Part 3: Fundamentals of design
- Basic principles of good design
- Demonstration: how to use Canva to make shareable graphics
Ready to learn?
We're ready to prepare a course to fit your needs. Click the link below to start the conversation.