Social Media for Voter Engagement (5-hour course)
This course is a professional development program on social media and design best practices to help election officials better communicate with voters.
Increasingly, people are looking online for election information on mobile devices and social media platforms. With that in mind, this training will equip you with tools to better understand your audience, put information where they are looking for it, and engage them with well-designed graphics.
Our 5-hour course provides a highly tailored experience. You choose which social media platform -- Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram -- that you'd like us to focus on. If you're new to social media, we'll help you get started with best practices and guidelines. If you've been using social media for a while, we'll perform an audit on your account, giving you feedback on what you're doing well and where you can improve.
Looking for a more basic overview of social media? Maybe our 90-minute course would do the trick.
After completing this course, you will:
- Understand what research tells us about how voters look for election information
- Know how to use Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram to effectively communicate election information year round
- Learn how to implement basic design principles using Canva to create shareable graphics for your election office
Part 1: Understanding your audience and the field
- Know how and where voters access information
- Identify what information voters are looking for
- Best practices for Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram
Part 2: Advancing your Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram skills
- Content and metrics
Part 2: Advancing your Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram skills (continued)
- Policy and scheduling
Part 3: Designing graphics
- Learn the basic principles of design
- Include accessibility elements in your graphics
- Explore Canva
- Work block: Design a graphic for Twitter
Ready to learn?
We're ready to prepare a course to fit your needs. Click the link below to start the conversation.