Position: Government Services Associate
Benefits: Vision, dental, and medical insurance. Cell phone reimbursement.
Location: Based in Chicago, IL. Possible remote work. 20% travel to local election offices and conferences.
Salary: $45,000 - $50,000 annually
Start date: July 13 - August 4
Election officials’ commitment to learning how technology can help them run better elections is strong and growing stronger. ELECTricity, a program of the Center for Technology and Civic Life (CTCL), is a knowledge network of local election officials who use technology to improve our democracy. Do you want to support local government officials to use the Internet to provide critical information by means that modern communities expect – on the web, on mobile phones, via social media? Join our team. As Government Services Associate at CTCL, you will develop and lead courses that advance the digital, data, and design skills of local election officials so they can effectively communicate with the people they serve.
- Relationship building: Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing members of the ELECTricity network.
- Writing: Draft tech tutorials and curriculum for our network of local election officials.
- Training: Conduct in-person and online trainings to help election officials build technology skills.
- Impact: Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of communication and curriculum.
A successful Government Services Associate is committed to the CTCL mission and is driven to grow professionally while advancing the organization. Our new team member will possess many of the following traits:
- Curious to learn about new tools and technology.
- Comfortable communicating at the front of the room, online, and on the phone.
- Experienced in curriculum development.
- Great writer.
- Even better listener.
- Experience using Excel.
- Familiar with US election administration.
- Capable of growing new relationships and deepening existing ones.
- Able to work with a team to identify challenges, generate solutions, make mistakes, and repeat.
CTCL is a non-partisan, non-profit that uses technology to improve the way local governments and communities interact. We do this by providing resources for local election administrators so they can update the ways they use technology to communicate with voters. We also do this by publishing free, open-source civic datasets that are used in some of the most powerful tools that drive civic participation.
To date, we’ve built a knowledge network of hundreds of local election administrators through a program we call ELECTricity. And we have published civic datasets that answer questions like 'What’s on my ballot?' and 'Who represents me?', which have been accessed over 60 million times.
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Please mention “Government Services Associate” in your subject line.
- Submit the following information for consideration to email@example.com.
-Short letter of interest.
-Resume or example of work that shows your experience relevant to the responsibilities and qualifications listed above.
- People who demonstrate that they are qualified in their application materials will have the opportunity to complete a test.
- People who perform well on the test will be asked to participate in an interview.
- Based on the application, test results, interviews, and reference checks, one person will be selected for the position.
The Center for Technology and Civic Life is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage people of all races, colors, religions, national origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, sexes, ages, abilities, branches of military service, and political party affiliations to apply.