Position: Government Services Associate - Outreach
Salary: $45,000 - $50,000 per year
Benefits: Vision, dental, & medical insurance and cell phone reimbursement
Location: Chicago, IL with remote work possible
Start date: January 3, 2017
People need information to participate in elections and hold their elected officials accountable. Unfortunately, finding important civic information isn’t always easy -- even in 2016.
We believe that government offices are responsible for publishing information by means that people have come to expect -- on the web, on mobile devices, and via social media. With this in mind, CTCL offers professional development courses that advance the tech and communication skills of local election officials so they can better engage with their communities.
As the CTCL Government Services Associate, you will grow our network of local election officials (what we call ELECTricity) and connect them with our affordable professional development courses. If you care about civic information, if you believe in the importance of public service, and if you love to exceed expectations, this is the job for you.
- Sales - Create and execute an outreach plan to identify leads and reach annual training goals
- Communication - Grow and manage relationships of the ELECTricity network over email, phone, and in-person to assess our customers’ needs
- Design - Draft blog posts, brochures, social media content to promote CTCL programs and engage the ELECTricity network
A successful candidate for the Government Services Associate position will have an understanding of our mission and demonstrate a proven track record of success. In addition, while no candidate will possess every quality, the successful candidate will possess many of the following skills and qualifications:
- Basic understanding of sales principles
- Experience with Mailchimp and a CRM
- Experience creating digital content and strategy
- Familiarity with elections and local government
- Working knowledge of government contracting process
- Thoughtful time management and attention to detail
- Ability to solve thorny problems
- Commitment to being a high performer
- Eagerness to use new tools and technology to grow business
CTCL is a nonprofit that uses technology to improve the way local governments and communities interact. We do this by providing free and low-cost resources for local election officials so they can update the ways they use technology to communicate with the public. We also do this by publishing free, open-source civic datasets that are used in some of the most powerful tools that drive civic participation.
To date, we’ve built a knowledge network of hundreds of local election administrators through a program we call ELECTricity. And we have published civic datasets that answer questions like “What’s on my ballot?” and “Who represents me?” which have been accessed over 60 million times.
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Qualified applicants should submit the following information for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Government Services Associate” in your subject line.
- A short letter of interest
- A resume of relevant experience to the responsibilities and qualifications listed above
Applicants who meet our desired criteria will have the opportunity to complete a test to demonstrate their qualifications. Based up the applicant’s application and test results, individual interviews and reference checks will be conducted and the final applicant will be selected for the position.
The Center for Technology and Civic Life is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage candidates of all races, colors, religions, national origins, sexual orientations, genders, sexes, ages, abilities, branches of military service, and political party affiliations to apply.