Poll Worker Management Best Practices
In most communities, poll workers provide an indispensable function as the “front line” for serving voters. In this course, you'll get exposed to fresh ideas for effectively recruiting, training, and coordinating poll workers. Drawing upon collected wisdom from the field and new approaches provided by technology, the course offers strategies to benefit every election official responsible for poll worker management.
After completing this course, you will:
- Have a fuller understanding of poll workers’ demographics, motivations, views of their work, and concerns
- Know new strategies for recruiting, training, coordinating, and evaluating poll workers
- Be familiar with best practices from the field
- Have a number of concrete steps you can take to quickly improve your election worker management
- Be aware of several tech tools to enhance your poll worker management
Which format is right for you?
Our 90-minute course provides an overview of best practices and practical steps you can take to improve your poll worker management.
Our 5-hour course provides an overview of best practices and practical steps you can take to improve your poll worker management, and it includes a work block in which participants will draft a plan for changing their office's poll worker management with one-on-one support from CTCL instructors.
By taking the 5-hour course, you'll receive feedback on your current poll worker materials and plans, tailored guidance to meet poll worker challenges in your community, and you can seek follow-up support from CTCL long after the course is over.
Ready to learn?
We're ready to prepare a course to fit your needs. Click the link below to start the conversation.
If you're curious about our other courses, you can check out our main Professional Development page.